The Boston Consulting Group collaborated with the MBA International program to deliver the “International Business and Strategic Change” course for fall 2014.
The course focused on topics that include: the changing demographics of international business; political and economic country differences; the foundations and development of cross border trade and investment; the international financial environment; entering foreign markets; the strategies to competing in the global market place; managing and controlling global operations; and new challenges of emerging economies.
The lectures were delivered by partners, principals, and project leaders at BCG as follows:
- Major forces of strategic change (I): Macroeconomic, new consumers, resource constraints and new energy – Speaker: Kimon Palinginis, Principal at BCG
- Major forces of strategic change (II): the Technology Disruption – Speakers: Christina Paraskevopoulou, Principal at BCG & Aris Xarchas, Project Leader at BCG
- The tsunami – Speaker: Ioannis Psarros, Project Leader at BCG
- International financial environment – Speaker: Vassilis Antoniades, Partner and Managing Director at BCG
- New market entry-Being bold and prepared for uncertainty – Speaker: Kimon Palinginis, Principal at BCG
- Adaptive advantage & Fit to win – Speaker: Chryssos Kavounides, Project Leader at BCG
- The $10 trillion prize – Speaker: Christina Paraskevopoulou, Principal at BCG
The Boston Consulting Group is a global management consulting firm and the world’s leading advisor on business strategy. It partners with clients from the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors in all regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their enterprises.
Its customized approach combines deep insight into the dynamics of companies and markets with close collaboration at all levels of the client organization. This ensures that clients achieve sustainable competitive advantage, build more capable organizations, and secure lasting results. Founded in 1963, BCG is a private company with more than 80 offices in 45 countries.