Energy & Sustainability Club and i-MBA organized the 6th Energy Conference on “Energy – Investments – Technology: Seeking a new growth model” on Thursday, April 27th, 2017 at the Royal Olympic Hotel, Athens.
The topics that were covered this year included current trends on the design of energy markets, the modern financing methods in energy, with emphasis in sustainable development, the new technologies in power generation and energy management along with the best practices in energy projects development and new growth models in the energy sector in Greece.
The keynote speakers of the conference were:
- Kostas Skrekas, MP, Head of Energy and Environment Sector, New Democracy Party
- Yiannis Maniatis, Responsible for C.O. for Energy, Environment, Infrastructure, former Minister – Democratic Coalition Party
- Dimitris Assimakis, Partner, Norton Rose Fulbright Greece
- Thodoris Tsakiris, Assistant Professor, Geopolitics & Hydrocarbons, University of Nicosia, Cyprus
- George Daniolos, Managing Director, Heron Thermoelectric S.A.
- Ioannis Margaris, Vice Chairman, Hellenic Electricity Distribution Network Operator S.A.
- Dimitris Parpairis, Managing Director, GE POWER SERVICES Greece & Cyprus
- Konstantinos Nikolaou, Petroleum Geologist, Technical Advisor, Energean Oil & Gas
- Ioannis Tsipouridis, President, Hellenic Scientific Wind Energy Association (ELETAEN)
- Alkis Drakinos, Deputy Director – Greece, European Bank of Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
- Prof. George Ioannou, Director, MBA International program, Athens University of Economics & Business
- Dimitris Sarantopoulos, Chairman & Founder, Energy & Sustainability Club
The conference was attended by business executives, entrepreneurs, policy makers, diplomats, academics and researchers from energy, construction, and innovation sectors.
Further information on the conference, can be found here.