Wishing to provide the opportunity to students with outstanding educational credentials and potential to attend the Program and advance their careers, i-MBA offers every year a number of scholarships to Full-time students of the Program, based on a variety of criteria.
Scholarships available for the academic year 2018-19 will be announced shortly.
Scholarships available for the academic year 2017-18 are listed below:
- 6 nationality based tuition scholarships to students from the Balkan region (2 scholarships), Africa (2 scholarships) and Russia (2 scholarships).
- one tuition scholarship to a participant of CruiseInn. CruiseInn is a 7-day startup creation hackathon that takes place on an actual cruise ship sailing around the Aegean Sea. CruiseInn 2017 participants had the opportunity to apply and win a scholarship to attend the Innovation & Entrepreneurship Major of the Full-Time i-MBA program.
- one tuition scholarship to the winner of the Social Growth competition, which aimed to promote and support socially inclusive and sustainable social enterprises. The recipient of the scholarship was selected to attend the Innovation & Entrepreneurship Major of the Full-Time program.
- one tuition scholarship to a candidate for the Full-Time program, based on academic, financial as well as social criteria in the frame of the Study with Scholarship program of the NGO Equal Society.
- In addition, aiming at attracting exceptional candidates from all over the world and in the frame of its social responsibility actions, i-MBA’ s Interdepartmental Steering Committee decided to offer tuition waiver equal to €3,000 to applicants for the Full-time i-MBA program who had a GMAT score of 650 and above. No special application process was required for the scholarships and all Full-time program applicants for the academic year 2017-18 were considered eligible.
- Candidates for the i-MBA Full-time program could also apply for the IELTS Award 2017, designed to assist a high calibre individual who has a strong motivation to develop their career and who can demonstrate that they have the potential to contribute to society with their studies.
- The Program also collaborated with Koutsodontis Preparation center, which offered a grant of 1,000 euros for the academic year 2017-18. The “i-MBA-Koutsodontis Scholarship” was available exclusively to candidates of the Program who had attended the GMAT preparation program of the center and achieved score of 650 or more. The recipient of the i-MBA-Koutsodontis scholarship for the academic year 2017-18 was Ms. Ioanna Theologou (GMAT score: 700) .
For the academic year 2016-17, 6 nationality based tuition scholarships were offered to students from the Balkan region, Asia, and Africa. The Program also partnered with a number of organizations and offered scholarships to support innovation and new business development. A few examples follow:
- one tuition scholarship to one of the team members that made it through the Greek final of the Global Management Challenge competition (GMC Greece).
- one tuition scholarship to a member of the teams that were selected by Orange Grove and are hosted by the center.
- one tuition scholarship to a member of the winning team of the Blue Growth Competition.
- tuition-reduction scholarships equal to €3,000 to applicants for the Full-time i-MBA program who obtained a GMAT score of 650 and above.
i-MBA also partners with a number of companies in the context of its well established Fellowship Program. Through this initiative a number of students from Greece or all over the world gain scholarships to attend the Full-time program. Selection is based on a variety of criteria that are set both by the Program and the sponsor company. Some recent examples of those collaborations follow:
- MSD, the global healthcare leader, offered in total 22 tuition scholarships to students with innovative ideas resulting from academic research, or entrepreneurs in the first stages of designing or developing new business, willing to attend the Innovation & Entrepreneurship major of the Program during the academic years 2013-14 and 2014-15. This initiative was enabled by ID-GC.
- Partial scholarships to foreign students have also been offered for the academic year 2015-16 by Plaisio, Athens International Airport and Attica Ventures.
Scholarships are also granted by the Greek Government to foreign nationals. More information can be found in the official website of the Ministry of Education.