The MBA International Program (short form ‘i-MBA’) was established in 1998, originally as an MSc in Decision Sciences, to address MBA-level educational needs in the information economy era. It is an inter-departmental program awarding a Master’s in Business Administration degree, which is globally accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA), since 2005.
The Departments of the Athens University of Economics and Business (AUEB) participating in the i-MBA are the following:
- Department of Management Science and Technology (Department managing the program)
- Department of Business Administration
- Department of Marketing and Communication
- Department of Accounting and Finance
Technological, geopolitical and environmental challenges are drastically transforming the business environment and raise new demands on companies and organizations when it comes to innovation, flexible adaptation and pro-active engagement with stakeholders. The i-MBA is designed with all these dynamic developments in mind.
During 2020 the Program celebrates its 20-year anniversary since the graduation of the first cohorts in 2000. Some major highlights include:
- Accreditation by AMBA, the Association of MBAs in 2005, with subsequent re-accreditations in 2009, 2014, and 2017,
- Great positionings in global rankings as an indicator of the Program’s quality, e.g., QS, Eduniversal,
- Dedicated Career Office which has organized since 2004 16 career fairs, the last on-line,
- Students from more than 30 different countries have chosen the MBA International to gain forefront knowledge and boost their careers,
- In 2013 the MBA International gained AMBA’s Global Innovation Award for its e-skills curriculum “Online Marketing & Communication”,
- Numerous student clubs have been organized over the years, including the Sailing Club, the Energy Club and the Sustainability and Circular Economy Club,
- Since 2016 the Program organized the Annual Sustainability Summit, where various sustainability topics and practices are highlighted and good practices in companies and organizations awarded,
- International alumni ambassadors, exchange agreements and study trips enhance the international dimension of the program,
- Launch in 2017 of the periodical Newsletter “i-MBA Scope” that highlights news from the program, from students and alumni, and presents thematic articles by professors and professionals from the market on timely topics,
- 20-Year Anniversary celebrated in January 2020 at Hellenic Cosmos, with the participation of prominent speakers, students, and alumni since 2000 (video link).
The MBA International mission and vision statements are carefully crafted to respectively reflect the purpose and scope of the Program (mission), and a measurable developmental destination (vision).
The mission statement is built around the core values of continuous innovation, outreach, service excellence and responsibility. It reflects the Program’s ambition to educate high-calibre leaders and managers who embrace innovation, adopts a balanced and integrated approach to decision-making and act as reflective practitioners and responsible citizens of the world.
The vision statement is our developmental destination during the current five-year period (2019-2024). It drives the present strategic emphasis on internationalization, on integrating digitalization and technology development across the curriculum, and on reinforcing networking with the market, especially through enhanced involvement of the alumni body. Emphasizing entrepreneurial thinking among the students will also be a complementary and integrating aspect of this process.