First of all, on behalf of the i-MBA Alumni Association, we would like to give a very warm welcome to all new students. We are looking forward to meeting you in person and wish you all the best in your studies and every future endeavor, professional and otherwise!
As you might have guessed your connection with i-MBA is for life. The Alumni Association is the vehicle that brings together graduates of the program from different cohorts with current students. If you haven’t done so already please go ahead and connect with us by joining our group on LinkedIn, liking our page on Facebook and following us on twitter and Instagram to stay up-to-date with our events. And as you do this you might as well start your journey connecting with alumni by sending invitations to connect on LinkedIn with the Alumni Association Board members which currently are:
Mr. Manolis Kalaitzakis, President
Ms. Stella Fine, Vice President
Mr. Tasos Kosmas, General Secretary
Ms. Marianna Katsarou, Treasurer
Mr. Kyriakos Nathanail, Special Secretary
Living in the Covid era, all of us will have to be quite innovative in coming up with ideas that will bring us together and help move the program forward. Some of the actions that the association is currently undertaking are:
- Redesigning the website to take advantage of newer technologies and better fit the association’s needs,
- Reach out to alumni associations of MBA programs in Greece to develop the widest network possible of MBA education in this country,
- Revisit the role that the i-MBA Alumni Association wants to play in society by identifying local and international causes to volunteer and donate to,
- Identify and reach out to companies that employ a large number of graduates to raise funds to support the association’s activities.
With support from everyone we are pretty determined that we will make the most out of this challenge. With that in mind some of the events that the association has organized in the past, but may apparently have to change medium due to the current restrictions, are:
- Public speaking skills seminar to assist members in advancing their skills speaking in front of large audiences,
- Co-organize together with the program the Alumni Series lectures, which involve distinguished alumni presenting their sectors, their companies and work environment while providing career tips and advice to i-MBA students,
- Co-organize together with the program the “Back to School” Program, through which alumni are given the opportunity to attend elective courses additionally to their program coursework,
- Co-organize together with current students a trip abroad to visit companies and MBA programs across Europe.
- Co-organize the MBA International Career Fair, an event which is open exclusively to the MBA International students and alumni.
The organization is fervently holding gathering events on a regular basis, as well as special events such as the Christmas Ball, Graduation Party, and the Summer Party. All events will commence as soon as Covid-related regulations allow it!
The i-MBA Αlumni Association was established in 2001 by the very first graduates of the program with the aim to develop strong connections between graduates of the program, companies, and the University. The association has an organizational structure that is managed by a Board which is elected by the General Assembly of the Association every year. The Board runs under an open-door policy and active participation of its members is more than welcome in providing assistance and contributing to the Association’s various activities. We aim at growing our community and all graduates and current students can support our cause in practice by registering and becoming active members by visiting our website.