The Career Fair is one of the services offered by the Career Office of the program, aiming at students’ career development and advancement. It’s worth noting that 95% of the Full Time graduates have jobs within 6 months of graduation and 67% of the Part Time graduates made a career change within one year of graduation (Career statistics 2022).
The participating companies represent more than 8 industry sectors, Consumer Goods, Consumer Services, Financial Services and Banking, Retail, IT/Telecoms, Industrials, Energy and Healthcare/Pharmaceuticals.
Results based on evaluation forms completed by the participating candidates are as follows:
- 77,5% of the participants were employed during the time of the event (80% in 2021).
- 77,5% of the candidates believe that they might be short-listed in the next 3 months for a job from a company that targeted them for an interview (66% in 2021).
- 83% agreed that the Career Fair met their expectations (84% in 2021).
Results based on evaluation forms completed by the companies’ representatives are as follows:
- 74% of the participating companies had a specific job opening at the time of the Career Fair (62,5% in 2021).
- 91,3% of the participating companies rated the profile of our participating students and alumni as excellent or very good (96% in 2021).
- 78,2% of the participating companies disagree or strongly disagree that the Covid-19 pandemic and global economic slowdown have decreased the rate of job openings in their company (67% in 2021).
- The overall opinion of the participating companies on the Career Fair is depicted in the following chart:
Similarly to previsions years, the level of satisfaction of the 2022 i-MBA Career Fair was high, from both companies and candidates. 91,3% of the companies rated the profile of candidates as excellent or very good and 83% of candidates agreed that the Career Fair met their expectations.
As the Covid-19 pandemic now drags into its third year, data shows that 8,7% of the participating companies claim that the pandemic and the global economic slowdown have decreased the rate of job openings. Still, the companies attended the fair this year had more specific job openings at the time of the fair (73,9%) in comparison with last year (62.5%) but less specific job openings compared to 2019 (91%).
At the time of writing this report (mid-July), 28% of the companies have proceeded to a 2nd round of interviews with the participating candidates (47% in 2021) while evidence suggests that this will increase in the next 2-3 months.