The Career Fair is one of the services offered by the Career Office of the program, aiming at students’ career development and advancement. It’s worth noting that 100% of the Full Time graduates have jobs within 2 months of graduation and 66% of the Part Time graduates made a career change within one year of graduation (Career statistics 2020).
Virtual i-MBA Career Fair 2021
The participating companies represent more than 10 industry sectors, including Consumer Services, Consulting, Energy, Fast Moving Consumer Goods, Professional staffing and HR services, Retail, Industrials, Technology, Health, and Pharmaceuticals.
Results based on evaluation forms completed by the participating candidates are as follows:
- 80% of the participants were employed during the time of the event (87% in 2019).
- 66% of the candidates feel that they might be short-listed in the next 3 months for a job from a company that targeted them for an interview (85% in 2019).
- 84% (85% in 2019) agreed that the Career Fair met their expectations.
Results based on evaluation forms completed by the companies’ representatives are as follows:
- 62,5% of the participating companies had a specific job opening at the time of the Career Fair (91% in 2019).
- 96% of the participating companies rated the profile of our participating students and alumni as excellent or very good (95% in 2019).
- 67% of the participating companies disagree or strongly disagree that the Covid-19 pandemic has decreased the rate of job openings in their company.
- Finally, the overall opinion of the participating companies on the Career Fair is depicted in the following chart:
The level of satisfaction of the fair this year was in high levels as last years, from both companies and candidates. 96% of the companies rated the profile of candidates as excellent or very good (95% in 2019) and 84% of candidates agreed that the Career Fair met their expectations (85% in 2019).
As the Covid-19 pandemic now drags into its second year, data shows that 21% of the participating companies claim that the pandemic has decreased the rate of job openings. Still, the companies attended the fair this year had less specific job openings at the time of the fair (62.5%) compared to 2019 (91%).
At the time of writing this report (end-June), 47% of the companies have proceeded to a 2nd round of interviews with the participating candidates (24% in 2019) while 12,5% of the companies hired directly after the fair.